Nepal is the home of mountains. From the mighty mountains, the Himalayan rivers gush down endlessly through the foothills, valleys and plains with numerous exciting and thunderous rapids. On these rivers you will find the world’s most thrilling whitewater that offers electrifying water adventures. Navigating through the canyons, gullies, and valleys; you will also get a closer look at some of the finest natural and cultural heritages which wouldn’t have been possible without water journey. We are delighted to share these diverse opportunities of water exploration with our years of experience in rivers.
- Trishuli River Rafting – from 1 up to 3 days: Trishuli River is one of the major tributaries of Narayani River basin in central Nepal. Trisuli River is just 3 to 3.5 hour drive towards west from Kathmandu on Prithivi Highway. Because of its accessibility, people choose it as a day trip or an en route activity by those who are travelling to Pokhara (approximately 4 hours from Trishuli) or Chitwan (approximately 1 hour drive from Trishuli). Rafting in Trisuli can be done from 1 to 3 days. The rapids are easily negotiable but are really exciting at times. It is one of the most popular rafting destinations in Nepal.
- Seti River Rafting – 2 days: Rafting in Seti river can be done from two different locations; from upper Seti and lower Seti. The starting point for Lower Seti rafting is Damauli, which is 5 hours from Kathmandu and 1 and half hour from Pokhara. This adventure takes 2 days and ends at Gaighat. The trip is ideal for those who are nature lovers (as the river flows through waterfalls, fields, jungle, villages), keen bird watchers; and for those looking for gentle water adventure with families. It’s also a good alternative to those who want a refreshing break from the tiring bus journey to Chitwan National Park. Rafting in Upper Seti, is however much different. It’s much shorter but more adventurous than the Lower Seti trip as it has III+/IV rapids. It offers about one and half of non stop fun filled thrills with majestic views of Annapurna, rolling hills and gorges. It’s only half an hour from the lakeside of Pokhara. It can be done as a half day trip while in Pokhara.
- Bhote Koshi River Rafting – 2 days: Rafting in Bhote Koshi is the steepest one in Nepal with rapids of IV- V at high flow, and III at lower levels. The river, which flows directly from Tibet, is full of dramatic gorges and bends. Due to its challenging rapids, the river adventure in Bhote Koshi is considered as one of the most adventurous water activities. The starting point is Lamosangu- Dam in Araniko highway, a 3 hour drive from Kathmandu. The thrill starts right from the beginning as road journey is led through hill highway with numerous bends and beautiful natural surrounding. The trip can be done in a single day. But the classic one is the two day trip.The adventure enthusiasts who are seeking for the most intense rafting in the Himalayan river can opt for this trip.
- Kali Gandaki River Rafting – 3 days: Kali Gandaki, originating for Tibetan plateau, is considered to be one of the holiest rivers of Nepal. Traversing through the Himalayas and Kali Gandaki Valley, it carves out one of the deepest gorges in the world between Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains. The 60 km river journey passes through exciting rapids with the panoramic mountain views of Annapurna region, waterfalls, gorges and villages. This trip comprises all the highlights of river adventure in Nepal; the adventure, exploration and experience. The starting point, Kusma is about 3 hours drive from Pokhara.
- Marshyangdi River Rafting/kayaking – 4 days: Marshyangdi flows from the northern slope of Annapurna massif and located in the eastern section of famous Annapurna circuit. Rafting in Marshyandi River is considered as one of the best world class water adventures for its raging rapids and scenic mountain backdrop. The river offers some of the most exciting class iv-v white water in Nepal. The trip is recommended for experienced rafters due to its technical and demanding rapids that swirl through steep bends and curves. The trip starts from Nagdi and ends at Bimalnagar after covering about 47 km. For any adventurer, Marshyangdi rafting is sure to give unforgettable memories of lifetime.
- Sun Koshi River Rafting – 7 to 9 days: Sun Koshi, the “golden river”, is a classic river journey that covers 270km starting from mid hills and cascades through valleys till the southern plains. The journey comprises of thrilling rapids and exciting views of diverse scenery, wildlife and villages. The journey starts with mild rapids which give you ample time to get used to with the surrounding and enjoy the scenery. As day passes on, you will experience both the rapids and the sweeping landscapes offering you different spectacles of wondrous nature, villages and popular Hindu temples. Finally, you will reach Chatara where the trip concludes. This trip is ideal for those who want longer river adventure both with challenging rapids and outstanding natural beauty with chances of spotting wildlife like languor monkeys, spotted deer etc and many unique birds.
- Arun River Rafting – 9 days: Arun river, the largest trans-Himalayan river that runs through eastern Nepal provides another adventurous trip. This trip gives you the experience of authentic adventure as it combines both trekking and rafting. The adventure starts with 3 days’ trek through villages, wilderness and scenic view of snow capped mountain ranges. Once your water adventure starts, you will be encountered with technically challenging rapids throughout the journey. On the final day, the river merges with Sun Koshi and continues the same trail of Sun Koshi rafting till the ending point in Chatara. As Arun River adventure is a great combination of trekking, challenging rapids and the rawness of nature, the adventurers are sure to treasure some of the best moments of Himalayan water adventure.
- Karnali River Rafting – 10 days: Karnali, that originates from Mount Kailash in Tibet, is the longest river of Nepal. From the Tibetan plateau, the river travels through arid landscape and merges with the lushness of western Nepal. Though the river is comparatively milder, it offers numerous exciting rapids along with a 7km long gorge with raging rapid which will literally engulf you. As the trip traverses through the remotest region of Nepal, you will also have a vis-a vis experience with the unspoilt terrain, wildlife, vegetation and most importantly the culture of Karnali people in the hills and Tharu community in the plains that will give you some glimpses of real Nepal. The starting point of the trip is Sauli near Surkhet and ends near Bardia National Park, which offers you another unmistakable opportunity to explore the exotic wildlife of southern plains of Nepal, including Royal Bengal tiger, giant Asiatic elephant, one horned rhino etc. Along the trail, you can also spot dolphins and crocodiles and indulge in fishing in the calm water pockets of the river. Because of all these attractions, Karnali River rafting is considered as one of the best rafting trips ever made in Nepal.
- Tamur River Rafting – 11 days: Tamur River originates from Mount Kanchanjunga, the third highest peak in the world, which borders Nepal’s eastern territory with Sikkim, India. The river mostly trails along forest and uninhabited areas giving you the true experience of wilderness. To reach the river, you have to trek for 3 days along the pristine terrain of Taplejung, all the time being followed by the breathtaking views of mighty Everest and Kanchenjunga in the northern horizon. Once you are in water, the non stop action packed adventure starts as the river is full of 4 and 5- rapids. Tamur River adventure is best for those who seek for exhilarating water adventure among true wilderness. You can also combine the trip with trekking in the Kanchanjunga region. The river finally merges with Sun Koshi to form the mighty Sapta Koshi, concluding the whole trip in Chatara.
- Note: We are fully concerned about your safety during the rivers activities, thus we provide you with highly professional river rafting guides and team of best kitchen crew to make your adventure holiday in Nepal a lifetime experience! If you are inexperienced in river rafting, but desirous to learn to become a professional or to be real river explorers then our perfect river instructors will give you various courses also. So feel free to inquire us at any time.